Wednesday, March 30, 2011

A Peace Forest Story from Rep of Macedonia

A Strange Dream

The owl sat on the branch of the old tree so it could rest after the long flight. After a while, it heard the elephant`s painful shrieks. He flew next to him and asked:
- What is it my friend? What happened to you?
And the elephant answered very slowly and in a lot of pain
- The people attacked me and took out my teeth. They said that I don`t need them, but for them my teeth are priceless...
At the same moment, the crocodile came out of the river and said:
- They wanted to take off my skin, but I managed to escape them!
The fox that was just passing by heard the conversation and joined them:
- It is good that you survived because I barely got out of it alive! They chased me for a long time, but all they managed to do is cut my tale.
- You all had luck- said the owl with a voice full of pain. I just visited the young deer. The same people killed his parents and left it alone. It is an orphan now!
- Oh my God, what a tragedy! - said the fox
In that moment, the rabbit came running and said
- What is happening? - the animals asked.
- Run as fast as you can!- said the rabbit using his last sources of energy.
- Where should we run? - the crocodile asked.
- And why should we do it? This is our home! - the owl added.
- I am sorry Mr. Owl, but you don`t have a home anymore. The hundred- year old tree you lived in was attacked first! - the rabbit answered tiredly. He explained to the animals how a lot of machines controlled by people were brought into the forest so they can ruin everything so they can build a park. They were determined to ruin the whole forest including all the animals.
- That is so scary and not human!- cried the fox together with all the animals.
But then, in a lot of pain and hearing a strange noise, the owl opened its eyes and realized it was all a dream.
- Oh I am so glad this was just a dream. But then he heard the noise from a machine and that made him ask himself
- Was this just a dream or is it real?

No comments: